The other day I went to the gym noticed quite a bit of nonsense from the individuals attending and pretending to work out. I came home after my training session, wrote about my experience, and how everybody could make some improvements that would benefit all of us, posted it up and then it was deleted. Now, I have re-written the just of my previous article and hope you find it beneficial.
1. Itâs not cool and doesnât impress anybody when you walk around with your wrist straps dangling off your arms like your some kind of beast. Dude, you canât possibly be using them for every exercise. This also goes for your weight belt; you donât need it for triceps pushdowns, seriously. As humorous as it is, I donât need to be laughing when I am in the middle of a heavy set.
2. You really shouldnât stand or sit on equipment that you arenât actively using or plan to use for something other than a seat. I see this every single day, somebody who is getting ready for an exercise and looks blankly around at all the posers in the gym sitting or basically postin up on equipment and machines that they are not using. This is very aggravating. These are usually the same folks rockin expensive shoes, sippin on the same protein or whatever type of drink it is the whole time there in there, these are usually the same people who wear hats in the gym. -_- Honestly just consider this constructive criticism if you participate in one of more the activities I just mentioned. I donât want some juiced out dude breaking your jaw because he was having an emotional day.
3.Ahh yes, I almost forgot about this one, Â If there are ten different spots to do a particular exercise, and only one guy using one area for that exercise, donât use the area right next to him. First of all this is annoying, above all else. Second its creepy, everybody appreciates a little privacy when itâs available, donât be a sketch.
4. You time in the gym is not social hour. Do not go to the gym to conversate, go to the gym to improve yourself and take it seriously.Â Each day, I hear somebody talking about who they banged, or how smashed they got, or who they punched in the face..I even hear people talking about certain super lame MTV shows that are poisoning the minds of our youth already and they are bringing that garbage into the gym now. But thatâs an entirely different story.Â Also, if you plan to listen to your own music make sure you have headphones.. Donât be that guy.
5. If you are capable of holding a gym membership and working out you are capable of picking up after yourself. The gym is not your bedroom and I am not your mother. Â Come on, where did all the respect go? People surely do not go to the gym these days with the intention to clean.
6. You donât need to yell at the top of your lungs when youâre doing your sets. Nobody is impressed with what you are lifting and you making all sorts of noise says âlook at meâ and if you have to do all that for attention that perhaps you are doing something wrong.
7. If youâre walking in a crowded pedestrian through-way, donât stop walking. If you need to do this, pull over to the side. I thought this was common sense but there is a huge issue with me-ism today. I am finding this out more and more. If there are people moving around and trying to get by, let pretend that we are decent, considerate individuals and move over or move along period. I see this every day, somebody completely oblivious to existence around them and this causes more chaos and clutter in the gym than there already is.
8. Something that I have noticed quite a bit actually is the amount of posturing that goes on in the gym. Dude, workout! If you are not going to take it seriously then why go? Its incredibly lame to see all these guys who are only looking around to see which other guys are looking at them, with a very confrontational yet sexually questionable vibe about it. This has to stop as it is awkward for the rest of us and there are about 20 guys in the gym at any given time that are in better physical shape and most likely mental if that is how you conduct yourself. Not to mention they can most likely rip your head off of your shoulders.
9. The other day when I originally wrote this post, I was waiting in line for a locker hey and this guy kept looking back. If youâre standing in line for something and itâs crowded and cramped, donât repeatedly turn around. It irritates the guy standing behind you like you would not believe. You might keep turning around and irritate the wrong guy who is only there to let off a bit of steam and catch a hot one to the mouth. I have seen this happen. I wasnât at the gym, but I was standing in line none the less.
10. Lastly, when you use the restroom to take a leak, feel free to wash your hands, especially when people see you and then you just walk out after. Umm, FOUL. I do not want to touch the bench bar you just used right after you were just playing with your pecker and lord knows what else. You just showed that you are clearly not concerned with your hygiene or the hygienic concerns of others. Also while I am on this subject, I need to mention that the gym is not the place you go to act out your sexual fantasies. Every freekin day there is some old guy or some sketch ball prancing around the locker room butt ass naked making sure everybody gets a look. This is not cool, and very, very creepy. I will always say something and if this bothers you, you should speak up as well. These dude literally spend hours at the gym and never leave the locker room or sauna.. Itâs whack.
I hope you consider these tips to be constructive. If you follow them you should be able to get along with pretty much everybody in the gym. If you can think of somthign that I left out, let me know in the comments section below and maybe we can come up with some sort of universal gym etiquette that is respected perhaps even followed.
Latest posts by David (see all)
- 10 Reasons You Shouldn’t Hire A Personal Trainer Without Reading This - October 28, 2014
- Official New Mood Review - June 4, 2014
- 3 Reasons You Need To STOP Squatting - June 2, 2014