Today I wanted to talk about a simple way to increase the size and strength of your biceps. The biceps are the prominent pair of muscles on the front of the upper arm connecting the shoulder to the elbow – and are used in everything from turning a key to lifting heavy boxes. Here is a simple exercise to build or define your biceps.
- Home Gyms
- Weight Benches
- Weight Belts
- Weight Lifting Gloves
- Health Club Memberships
- Plate Weights
- Weight Gain Products
1. Grasp a dumbbell in each hand with a relaxed grip.
2. Choose a weight lighter than 15 pounds. If you’re a beginner, start with 3- to 5-pound weights.
3. Stand with your back straight, knees slightly bent, abdominal muscles contracted. Your feet should be flat on the floor and shoulder width apart.
4. Hold the weights at your sides, keeping your arms relaxed and your palms facing inward.
5. Starting with your left side, turn your wrist so that your palm faces forward.
6.Slowly raise the weight by bending your elbow. Keep your back straight, your shoulder relaxed and your elbow close to your side.
7. Slowly raise the weight until your knuckles are 3 or 4 inches away from your left shoulder.
8. Concentrate on contracting the biceps. Hold this position for 1 to 2 seconds.
9. Slowly lower the weight back to its original position and turn your palm inward. Focus on squeezing the biceps.
11.The entire movement of each arm should last 5 seconds. Don’t let the momentum do the lifting for you.
12 Keep your back straight and your shoulder steady while letting your biceps do the work.
13. Do one to three sets of eight to twelve repetitions for each arm.