- – 4 large fresh chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (average 8oz per breast)
- – 4 cups fresh spinach
- – 2 Tbsp of garlic
- – 1/4 cup walnuts crushed
- – Salt
- – Fresh ground black pepper
- – Olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Butterfly Chicken Breasts (cut along side and lay out flat leaving attached at one end like a book) and lay out flat on cutting board. You can pound it slightly to flatten a bit if you want.
- 2. Rub both sides with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- 3. Lightly wilt spinach in non-stick pan, or if using frozen just thaw.
- 4. Spread roasted garlic paste onto one half on inside of chicken breasts.
- 5. Sprinkle with crushed walnuts.
- 6. Place spinach on top of walnuts.
- 7. Fold top over and place on a rack fitted inside a sheet pan or roasting pan.
- 8. Place chicken in oven and bake for 20 minutes on 400. Then reduce heat to 325 and roast for an additional 30 minutes, or until inside stuffing reaches 145 degrees.
- 9. Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Calories: 407
- Protein: 55g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fat: 19g
Latest posts by David (see all)
- 10 Reasons You Shouldn’t Hire A Personal Trainer Without Reading This - October 28, 2014
- Official New Mood Review - June 4, 2014
- 3 Reasons You Need To STOP Squatting - June 2, 2014