Weâre bout a month into 2012 and millions of people have already completely dropped the ball on their new years resolutions. I am not one of those people and you donât have to be either.
For obvious reasons, fat loss and muscle gain are two of the more common resolutions, and two of the more common resolutions that youâre going to see broken.
Iâve shared with YOU- some very simple ways to lose weight and keep it off this year.
These super simple adjustments can be made in your life tomorrow and will result in healthy weight loss.
1. Drink more water every day: If youâre thirsty, youâre already dehydrated. Get at least 8 cups a day or more appropriately 1L for every 20KG of bodyweight you have. Â Oh yea, you burn more calories by drinking cold water, because your body has to heat it up.
2. Â Smaller Dinners: Large dinners tend to hurt your fat loss process because most people arenât very active after dinner. This is the basis for the advice along the lines of âdonât eat within so many hours of going to bedâ The claim that your entire dinner is stored as fat isnât entirely true but the fact that you arenât moving after dinner is enough to hurt your cause. Â Experts say dinner should be your smallest meal of the day while breakfast the largest.
3. Eat more fiber: Straight up, most people I talk to arenât getting enough fiber. The RDA actually isnât much if you eat healthy on the daily. Your âFiber Foodsâ would be stuff like whole grains, fruit, veggies, nuts and seeds. Obviously you can supplement you fiber or try some of the more popular fiber bars.
4. Make breakfast happen: Â You have heard this preached for years by now but the fact of the matter is people donât eat breakfast anymore. Aside from experiencing messed up concentration and other mental functions when you skip breakfast, youâre making yourself eat a huge lunch since your body hasnât had anything in the past 12(or more) hours. Â Coming from a weight-loss perspective this is pretty crucial.
5. Get your metabolism in check: Eating a small meal every three hours that youâre awake wonât really speed up your metabolism, rather, it will keep it going. Every meal should include lean protein, so that your body doesnât feel the need to break down muscle for fuel.
6. Hit the weights:Â The more muscle your body has the more calories your body burns, even at rest. With that said, I must add that resistance training is very important to limit he amount of muscle mass lost whilst reducing caloric intake.
7. White isnât right: Lastly, avoid white foods; White rice, pasta, white bread, white flour, refined sugar-These foods cause insulin spikes and trigger increased storage of dietary fat and slow down the burning of body fat. Simply replace pasta with whole-wheat pasta, white rice with brown rice, and white bread with wheat bread. Please note that these are not temporary solutions this should be a permanent lifestyle change. Why would you not want to be as healthy as possible?
These are some very simple methods that I personally go by when I am cutting weight or just maintaining a lean appearance. It literally doesn’t get any easier. You will have no problem achieving weight loss with relative ease in 2012 if you follow these simple changes.
Let me know how it goes or if you have any thoughts you’d like to share in the comments section below.
Cheers to your fitness!
Latest posts by David (see all)
- 10 Reasons You Shouldn’t Hire A Personal Trainer Without Reading This - October 28, 2014
- Official New Mood Review - June 4, 2014
- 3 Reasons You Need To STOP Squatting - June 2, 2014