When I got up this morningÂ and started my morning stetches,Â I realized that streching has been part of my everyday routine for a many years now, “True story.” I started going over all the different reasons as to why this is. I decided that whatever I’m doing at any given moment is exactly what I should be doing. With that said, after I was done stretching I rose up off of my living room floor, grabbed a pen and a note pad….and… drummroll, these are the top 10 benefits of stretching which motivate me to keep it a permanent part of my fitness lifestyle. See how you feel about these top 10 benefits of stretching and please share your thoughts in the comments section directly under this post.
1. First thought was that the more flexible my body is, the less energy I use to move. This makes me more efficient with everyday tasks including lifting.
2. With flexibility being improved I promote my range of motion. This MAY help decrease the risk of injury to my joints. Don’t you think it’d be cool if you could eat it and hop right back up like when you were a youngster?
3. The increased circulation through stretching sends nutrients to the joints enhancing the quality and quantity of the lubricants that provide protection.
4. Wouldn’t it be nice to have reduced or no pain in your neck, lower back, or knees. Research has shown that regular stretching can reduce and in many cases prevent neck, lower back pain, knee pain, etc.
5. Stretching your muscles promotes good balance.
6. You will experience a decrease in muscle soreness and fatigue by increasing circulation to remove lactic and uric acid buildup which are the by-product of you working muscles, ligaments and tendons.
7. Makes you better in bed.. Proven fact. 😀
8. You can improve your circulation to get more nutrients to your muscles, tendons and joints.
9. This is also how I relieve stiffness, tightness, cramps, fatigue, stress, and to tell you the truth it helps me sleep.
10. Your muscles look more filled out when you stretch!
You want to strecth regularly to slow the aging process and any accompanying joint and muscle stiffness.
That’s gonna do it for this one. Unless you make flexibility exercises and strengthening a part of your fitness lifestyle, your body may become less flexible and more at risk of injury. However YOU can make a difference today by exercising to become more flexible and imrove your strength and definition daily.
Latest posts by David (see all)
- 10 Reasons You Shouldn’t Hire A Personal Trainer Without Reading This - October 28, 2014
- Official New Mood Review - June 4, 2014
- 3 Reasons You Need To STOP Squatting - June 2, 2014