Just because I write for a fitness site does not mean that I’m not an avid reader of many others. In fact, the truth is, I spend more time perusing other fitness sites than I do my own.
Each person that you will ever meet, knows something that you do not. I take this same idea and apply it to fitness websites & their respective owners. Every so often, you will come across this little gem of knowledge that kicks the door wide open for more opportunities.
Those looking to improve their fitness level may want to look at the top 15 fitness blogs. These blogs are full of important tips on everything from the right foods to eat, to exercises that will help to drop fat, while boosting muscle mass. Oh yea, they have massive reader bases and produce new top quality content often.
Top 15 Fitness Blogs
1. www.livestrong.com offers users an insight into all fitness related topics that will impact them. Best of all actual medical experts weigh in on items from cardiovascular health to treating sprains and injuries. This is why it is the top on the list of the top 15 fitness blogs.
2. www.hulsestrength.com Who said fitness has to be boring? Elliott Hulse’s HulseStrength.com makes the top 15 fitness blogs because it is fun, unique and offers exceptional information on improving your fitness level, life & functional strength in an engaging manner. Elliott Hulse a brilliant trainer & coach that I personally look up & admire (he’s also an all natural professional strongman). Visit his website and check out his videos today – you WON’T be disappointed!
3. www.jasonferruggia.com With a philosophy rooted in old school Physical Culture, Jason writes with passion and purpose. His goal is to help you wade through the bullshit so you can simplify and dominate both in and out of the gym. Along with Elliott, Jason is one of the very few trainers/coaches that I personally follow and heed advice from.
4. www.criticalbench.com Mike Westerdal is the founder of Critical Bench and is a very knowledgable guy. He’s a contributing muscle writer for various iron magazines including REPS! and Monster Muscle. In addition his fresh & topical articles are published throughout the Internet.
5. www.greatist.com With detailed information on the latest in fitness trends, the website shows inspiring tales of people reaching their goals. Also included are healthy meals and personal development.
6. www.dieselsc.com Jim “Smitty” Smith (owner of Diesel Strength & conditioning) is a highly respected, world renowned strength & conditioning coach. A member of the LIVESTRONG.com Fitness Advisory Board, Jim has been called one of the most innovative strength coaches€ in the fitness industry.
7. www.rosstraining.com Founded by Ross Enamait, RossTraining.com is dedicated to excellence and innovations in high performance conditioning and strength development.
8. www.nerdfitness.com A site dedicated to helping everyone live their lives better through sensible nutrition and exercising. Best of all, the information is presented in an easy to understand manner.
9. www.crudefitness.com Think that latest fad is going to help you to lose weight and look great? Then you may want to check here first. Not only does the website focus on debunking dieting myths and rumors, it also has great tips on reaching your fitness goals.
10. www.mensfitness.com/blogs Quick and to the point fitness advice, that ensures you are provided with accurate information. All done without the need for endless ads promoting products that sponsor them.
11. www.yurielkaim.com Yuri’s here to help you get in the best shape of your life, eat healthier than ever, and live with incredible health and vitality. He is a very nice guy, who puts out fresh, juicy content – often.
These last few are geared toward the ladies
12. www.fitbottomedgirls.com With a team of 8 bloggers, Fit Bottomed Girls focuses on the things you will need to be successful in your workouts. This includes everything from the equipment to buy, to the best workout mixes.
13. www.trainer-kim.com Personal trainer Kim delivers exceptional information on everything from fitness to exercises, while staying down to earth and realistic in her advice.
14. www.priorfatgirl.com Jen provides her inspirational journey that helped her to lose 100 pounds. She gives sensible advice to those who want to live a healthier lifestyle and offers a look at her own inspiring journey to help improve your fitness.
15. www.thewallenway.com From motivational videos, to posts and advice on lifting weights, this is a great place to get the information you need, with videos to help ensure you are exercising properly.
In my opinion these are the top 15 fitness blogs out there. That doesn’t mean that there are not countless others to benefit from, but these are the ones that have truly stood out to me and delivered nothing but solid info! No matter what your needs, you’ll find that any of these websites can help you enhance your fitness level.
I’d love YOUR opinion! What are your thoughts on these sites? Did I leave out some of your personal favorite fitness blogs? Drop me a line and tell me about it below!
-David “Top Fitness Blogs” Aston